It’s been a hard week. Sometimes problems just pile up, life gets in the way, and things don’t turn out the way you wish they could happen. I just want to put life on pause for a moment sometimes so I can breathe and take it all in, but as I said, it can get tough with all the curveballs that life throws at you.
Anyways, amidst all of the craziness, I just wanted to take a moment to jot down some of the uplifting thoughts and beautiful things that I’ve really found myself being grateful for throughout this past week.
- Always be kind to other people. Even on some of the worst days I’ve had this week, the kindness of some strangers that I encountered left a really big impact. I realized more so this week than any other point in my life that you never really know what someone is going through and may never realize just how much your words and actions can affect another individual. Find it in your heart to continue to be compassionate for all the people around you.
- Rough patches that we go through together as family that has renewed a sense of closeness and realization that my family is my biggest support system and I am nothing without them.
- Forming new friendships and pushing myself out of my comfort zone
- Utterly moved by the capacity of someone who continually puts my needs before her own
- Quality>quantity. I feel so happy hearing that people appreciate the friendship we share.
- Encouraging texts and updates from high school friends. Hearing about all my friends chasing their dreams and having all of these ambitious goals/pursuing their visions makes me feel so proud of all that we have accomplished and how much of a blessing it is to have these individuals serve as an inspiration in my life.
- My health. If there’s anything that I can be grateful for, it’s that I have my health. Happy and breathing– all problems, worries and concerns aside, I have my health and that’s enough to be thankful for and a simple blessing to wake up to everyday.
- Remembering that being at this university is a privilege. Even with all the stress of finals, it’s a luxury to be at such a prestigious school taking these classes, being taught by these professors and continuously learning to reach my goals.
- Finishing another year of college. This year has been full of ups and downs and I’m grateful for all the wonderful lessons I’ve learned, and for all of the self-growth that has happened.
Hope your day is beautiful ♥