Finally! Another zoodle recipe. These zoodles have a fresh lemon and basil flavor, mixed with roasted tomatoes and scallions. And garlic, obviously.
Zoodles are the perfect way to enjoy your noodles when you’re trying to reduce your carb intake. You could eat like a huge plate (or 2) without feeling guilty.
For margherita-styled zoodles, add some fresh mozzarella, and load it up with some more tomatoes, or even marinara sauce!
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 white mushrooms, sliced
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- Garlic powder
- Lemon pepper
- Dried oregano (or herbs of your choice)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Coat tomatoes lightly with EVOO, salt and pepper, and place in baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Use spiralizer or mandolin to spiralize zucchini into noodles and set aside.
- In pan, heat EVOO over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic (use garlic press for maximum flavor), and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in spiralized zucchini and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in chopped basil and season with lemon pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with roasted tomatoes.