April is almost over, which means summer is right around the corner!! oh. em. gee. That also means that I’ll be graduating this college, and I’m one step closer to adulthood. College seriously has been the best four years of my life. Granted, it’s also attributed to some of the most stressful times I’ve ever had to experience, but it’s so crazy to see how far I’ve come since wee little high school me started my first day of college.
Summer approaching also means that it’s also bikini season and the time for things like trying to get that Coachella bod, #sungodbod, and just looking good for all those graduation photos in general. One of the things that I’ve been doing to lose weight is cutting my intake of carbs, so less breads, rice, pizzas and pasta. My favorite substitution for pasta is making zoodles, which is one of many spiralized recipes I’ve shared on this blog before.
This recipe is one of my favorite recipes, as it’s super refreshing, simple and filling! Check this out if you wanna see a lil something something.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1-2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/2 cup corn
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 chicken breast
- Seasoning (chile lime, kick'n chicken, Italian herb)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Spiralize washed zucchini and set aside.
- Mash together avocado with pesto sauce until smooth.
- Season chicken breast with your choice of seasonings.
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken breast on both sides, for about 5-7 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Chop cooked chicken into small chunks.
- Toss zoodles with avocado pesto sauce.
- Top with chopped chicken, corn and tomatoes.
- Garnish with green onions or cilantro, if desired.